Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mad About Plaid: The Number One Fall Item

        Plaid this, plaid that.  That's all I have heard this fall.  And I am more than okay with this! Plaid scarfs and flannels make up a majority of my fall wardrobe.  Some of my favorite places to buy my plaid items at are Gliks, Macys and Target! 

The first way I like to wear plaid is scarfs.  Plaid scafs have to be the easiest way to wear plaid.  They keep you warm on chilly fall days, and add a pop of color and texture to any outfit! 
When styling a big scarf, I like to keep the outfit very simple.  My top in from Gliks and it is by the brand Piko. These shirts are perfect for layering.  I love to put scarfs over them, sweaters, and vests! And on top of all of that, they are as soft as can be!!  For pants I am wearing my favorite pair of skinny jeans.  They are by the brand Silver Jeans.  They are comfortable, high quality, and super flattering! I also purchased them at Gliks.  My black riding boots add the perfect fall touch to the outfit.  They are by the brand Naturalizer, and I purchased them at Dillards.  Finally, one of my favorite parts of this outfit is the bag.  This has been my go-to bag for fall.  This wine color has been one of my most worn colors this fall! 

My next favorite way to wear plaid, is with flannel shirts.  You can wear them on their own, under a sweater, or under a vest!
This flannel top is from Gliks.  It buttons half way down and is super soft! Not to mention this beautiful red color.  Perfect for the holidays! My pants are my go-to jeans by Silver Jeans as described in the last outfit. 
This flannel features one of my favorite fall colors.  Maroon! This flannel was purchased at Macys.  I like to call it a "light flannel" because it is a mix between heavy flannel, and cotton.  It's perfect for the beginning of fall when it is not cold yet.  My jeans are Silver Jeans from Gliks, and my shoes are Steve Madden loafers from Maycs. 

In this outfit, I took the same flannel from the previous outfit, and layered on a statment necklace, and a black vest.  This necklace is from Marley Lilly.  It adds the perfect amount of glam to this outfit. This black vest is from Kohls.  I love throwing vests over flannels.  It's cute, and perfect for when it gets chilly at night.  My jeans are from Buckle, and my shoes are by Naturalizer purchased at Dillards. 
This outfit features  the same vest as mentioned in the above outfit.  I simply changed out the flannel for a heavier material.  This flannel was purchased at Gliks and is one of my favorite prints! Buffalo plaid! My jean are Silver Jeans, and my boots are by Naturalizer.  My handbag was also purchased at Gliks. 


 The last way I like to wear flannels is under a sweater.  This flannel is another "light flannel" purchased at Macys. This sweater is by Tommy Hilfiger from Maycs.  This outfit is so cozy and warm! Not to mention adorable! My neckalce is from Forever 21.  The gold on the necklace matches the gold hardware on my bag.  This bag is by Michael Kors and was purchased at TJMax.  My jeans were purchased at Buckle, and my boots are again Naturalizer from Dillards. 

Plaid was big last fall, this fall, and I predict it will be big next fall.  It is versitile, and can be worn casually durning the day, or dressed up for a dinner out.  I hope you enjoyed my overview on my favorite ways to wear plaid.  If you have any other ways you like to wear plaid, please feel free to leave me a comment on how else I can dress up my plaid!

Until next time
Pinky and the Prep
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment