Monday, February 1, 2016

Spring Fever Haul!



I know I know, it's only the first day of Feburary...but I am having a major case of spring fever.  These past couple days have been in the high 50s and I have been loving it! As much as I love Christmas and winter weather, all good things must come to an end.  With that being said, spring is one of my favorite times of the year; the flowers are bluming, the skies are clear, the weather is getting warmer, and summer is on its way!! With all this warm weather, I was inspired to do some spring shopping! 
First off is something I bought right after Christmas at the Macys After Christmas Sale. When I saw this bag, I immediately knew I had to have it.  It was marked down from around $300 to a little over $100 with tax. This dusty rose color is going to be huge this spring... and any shade of pink is right up my alley!!



           The next thing I want to share was actually a late Christmas gift from a friend! These bags were so cute I knew I had to put them away and save them for spring! The first is a Vera Bradley makeup pouch (left side).  First of all, can I just say how adorable this print is!?! And second of all, I love Vera makeup bags.  They always have a super thick linning in them that protects the inside of the bag from any makeup spilling!  The other piece of Vera Bradley she got me was a travel jewelry organizer (right side) in the same adorable print!  In the spring time I do a lot of traveling with my winter percussion group.  While I don't take a ton of jewelry on thoes trips, I do take the essentials.  This bag is going to be perfect!  And of course I will be taking it with me on my spring break trip! 


          Next up is something you might of seen on my Instagram (@Pinkyandtheprep). It was a little bit of a splurge for me.  Back when I was 13 my parents bought me a Michael Kors watch for Christmas.  I wore that watch every day!  Five years later, I am still wearing that watch.  The Michael Kors watches are a little bit of an investment, but they really do last.  I think I will continue to wear the one gifted to me by my parents for years to come.  WIth that being said, I really wanted a new one.  My original watch was rose gold, but I found my self wearing more gold than rose gold.  This weekend I finally pulled the trigger and bought the watch I had been lusting over for years and I am in love!! Next to the watch are a couple beaded braclets I have been loving paired with this watch. 


             Flash sales are my weakness I have to admit.  When I saw this bag go on sale for almost 50% off I knew I had to jump on it.  Continuing with the pink theme, I also purchased this bag in the dusty rose color I have been loving. This bag is going to be perfect for spring and summer nights out! And can be talk about how cute the scallop detailing is!? 


             A spring fever haul would not be complete without some clothing. I stopped by Maurices and Gliks over the weekend and found some great pieces for spring! First up at Gliks I found this adorable pink poncho.  I thought this would be the perfect transitionpiece from winter to spring! Not to mention it is super soft!


             Next up is another transition piece.  If you have read my blog before you know I am obsessed with Piko tops.  Well I finally got my hands on a Piko dress... and let me tell ya, they are just as comfortable as their famous tops! I thought this would be perfect with tights while its still cold, and then when its gets warmer I can throw a bright kimono over top! 


           Speaking of kimonos, I also picked up two of thoes.  One at Maurices (left) and one at Gliks (right).  I have a feeling kimonos are going to big this spring! I am in love with the fringe on the left one! The right one is a sheer lace, so I can put any color under neath and add a feminine touch with the lace! 


             Also at Maurices I found this adorable top.  Although this top is a little more on the summer side, I thought it would be really cute under a sweater for cooler spring days! The pattern and bright colors just pulled me in!


             Lastly, I have been loving this vest.  From fall to winter, vests are one of my number 1 items.  This vest is the perfect transition piece from winter to spring.  This vest is by Tommy Hilfiger. 


         I hope you enjoyed my Spring Fever haul! Fingers crossed that this warm weather continues!! 
Until Next Time
Julie
Pinky and the Prep


No comments:

Post a Comment