Friday, January 15, 2016

Rejuvenation and Relaxation!

Stressful weeks and busy weekends have been my reality ever since I got back from Christmas break. Having a little "me time" during these weeks is crutial. Here are my top five tips to staying relaxed during a hectic week! 

1) Bubble Baths
Although bubble baths can be a little time consuming, there is nothing that makes me feel more rejuvenated. Epsom salts, bubble bath, bath bombs and  bubble bars are some of my favorite goodies to put in my bath. There is something about soaking in a warm tub for 20 minutes that makes me feel so peaceful. 

2) Face Masks
Behind bubble baths, face masks are another favorite. These take virtually no effort. I put them on while doing homework, or while I read just before bed. I've recently been obsessed with sheet masks. I had been hearing a lot about the "I'm Real" face masks and wanted to try them out. I went to Shepora and each one was $7.50. Being curious, I typed them into Amazon and found the entire collection (11 different masks) for $11!! I highly recommend them! 

3) Reading 
In the past, it's been hard for me to find time to read for pleasure. For New Years, I made it a priority that I was going to spend more time reading for myself, and I'm glad I did. Putting my phone on do not disturb, and just taking some time to read really reduces my stress level. I'm always looking for new books so let me know if you have any suggestions! 

4) Manicures 
A good manicure can fix about anything! Just kidding... But really, who doesn't love a good manicure? Whether you do it your self, or get it done at a salon, taking the time to get your nails done is a great way to relax. And hey, you'll have a killer manicure after you're done! 

5)Tea
This one I can't stress enough. While I love coffe, I have really switched over to tea. I drink tea in the morning, and I drink nighty night tea right before bed. A warm glass of tea is the perfect way to calmly end my night. Right now I've been loving mind green tea, and camomile at night! 

I hope you enjoyed my top 5 tips for staying relaxed during a hectic week. I hope that your week and weekend are full of fun and relaxation!!

Until next time,
Julie
Pinky and the prep

No comments:

Post a Comment