Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year Resolutions and How to get Motivated!

We made it! It's officially 2017. A brand new year.  A change to wipe the slate clean if you so please.  I always get excited for the new year.  I know there is a lot of negativity around setting new years resolutions, but in my opinion, it is admirable to try and better yourself! I shared a few more thoughts about new years negativity in my new Odyssey article.  If you would like to read it click here!
Anyways, I thought I would share a few of my resolutions and how I motivate myself to fulfill them!

My first goal is to bullet journal.  A few years ago, I made the goal to become more organized and really utilize a planner.  Since then I become a devote planner user, and have never been more on top of things in my life.  This year, I really want to bullet journal.  Not only about assignments and tasks that I need to fulfill in that day, but personal and spiritual goals that I'm trying to achieve. I purchased a notebook at target for only $3 to really jump start my bullet journal journey. I'm not sure where this journey is going to take me, but I'm excited to get started! 

Sometimes, goals are hard to achieve because life takes over and we lose track of them.  That's why I'm a huge believer in writing your goals down! Go to target, buy a notebook, write it on your calendar, write it on a sticky note and stick it somewhere, whatever you do    Write   It   Down!
I can't stress that enough. Maybe it's because I'm a visual person, but writing things down really helps me to visualize my goals.

Another goal for the new year is to really take my blog to the next level!  I've recently bought a camera and have been experimenting with it! I'm also in the process of buying a blog theme for this site! Blogging is something I love to do, and this year  I am really going to try and take more time doing what I love! I'm planning on using my bullet journal for some blog ideas as well! 


I also picked up this adorable note pad to jot down some ideas.  Like I said, writing things down is such a key for me! There is nothing worse then forgetting an idea that comes to you at the strangest time.  So this year, I'm writing every idea down! 
All in all, new years is such an inspiring time! New years is a time to start fresh, and become inspired again! I hope your new year if full of blessing and love! Happy 2017 everyone!

Until Next Time
Pinky and the Prep
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment